Saturday 29 June 2013

Lolita 52 Challenge: Question #9

5 keywords that describe my personal Lolita style

Oh gosh, this is a hard one. Let’s see…


Mille Fleurs x Bebe Outfit


  1. Feminine
  2. Romantic
  3. Older
  4. Luxurious
  5. Understated


"Complete Lolita Wardrobe" Challenge


Feminine – I generally like wearing a lot of florals and soft colours, which feels pretty feminine to me!

Romantic - I also like chiffon, roses, pearls and lace, all of which give any outfit a softer, more romantic feel.

Older – By this, I mean more mature styles of Lolita, like Classic and EGL. Essentially, I like the general styles of Victorian Maiden, Mary Magdalene, Mille Fleurs and Moi Meme Moitie. It’s still Lolita, but there’s an unmistakably older feel to it.

Luxurious – I’ve once said before that roses, lace and pearls are (to me) marks of opulence and luxury. I very frequently feature all three in my outfits, usually completely unintentionally. Also, I’ve always thought that Lolita clothes are rather luxurious, especially pieces by Juliette et Justine that are sometimes made of super high quality polyester that feels like silk.

Understated – Well, as understated as Lolita can get anyway! Although I enjoy looking at other girls who can accessorize with 4 rings, 20 bracelets, 5 necklaces and 8 head accessories and still come out looking perfect, I’m a relatively simple girl. Most of my outfits have a maximum of maybe two rings, one bracelet, a necklace and one hair accessory. Also, I like wearing less poofy petticoats (I’ve finally figured that it actually does freak me out when I can’t see my own feet), and less accessories + less poof = understated Lolita outfit


Innocent World Rose Stained Glass Skirt


That’s about all, I feel. It’s really hard finding five words – everything else felt like it was too specific or generic and didn’t really encompass my entire style! I was going to put “Classic” as one, but then I realized classic isn’t the only style I wear haha.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Hello! I just stumbled across your blog and am really impressed with some of your outfits, especially in the last few posts. You have a great and classic sense of style!

SugarDolly said...

Hi Priscilla!
This post is pretty awesome :) I love your Lolita 52 Challenge! It makes me think of all the different ways I could answer the questions..
I love seeing your Classic style! It's very classy and clean, really admirable! Thank you for the great post :)