Friday 3 May 2013

Double Mannequin Snap: Evening Inspired

I wanted to snap photos of my JetJ cat dress before I put it up for trade, and was struck with inspiration.

I'm not sure what to call this style. I was thinking it was classic lolita bordering on gothic... maybe.

Double Mannequin Snap! Evening-Inspired


Left Outfit:

Double Mannequin Snap! Evening-Inspired

I wanted to tie in the colour of the bolero with the dark pink tie on the right-side kitty's neck, but I'm not sure they actually match so well! Still, I actually really like this bolero with this dress ^_^ I wish Innocent World would release one in turquoise... I would be all over it!

Headdress, Blouse, Neck Ribbon, Bolero, Socks: Innocent World
JSK: Juliette et Justine
Bag: Chanel
Shoes: LK Bennett


Right Outfit:

Double Mannequin Snap! Evening-Inspired

I recently bought this silk blouse at a warehouse sale, and couldn't resist using it for gothic lolita outfits! The colour in real life actually isn't as bright as the photos show, but it's still a gorgeous contrast against the black. The bonnet was to add to the gothic feel, and I added red roses to tie in the colours more. I wanted to add in a rosary to the outfit, but it kind of got blocked completely by the bonnet's ties, so I removed it.

I didn't include socks because I don't have any appropriate ones, but I figured I'd probably wear lacy tights and tie a red ribbon around an ankle, or add some corsage clips to my shoes.

It's pretty hard to see, but on the side of the outfit, I've hung a small beaded bag to make the outfit more gothic-looking. The dress also has a bustle back to add a bit more opulence :D

Bonnet: Bodyline
Red Corsages: Ophanim
Blouse: Marc by Marc Jacobs
JSK: Innocent World
Bag: Zara
Shoes: Clarks

No comments: