Friday 22 March 2013

Mannequin Snap: IW's Royal Library JSK

I managed to snag myself IW's Royal Library JSK in green! I was so lucky - I'd only made the waiting list, but I still managed to get it after waiting a few weeks!

I originally hadn't had any idea what to coordinate it with, but I happened to toss it on my Mille Fleurs Josette & Lace blouse one day and fell in love with the coordinate, so here it is!

IW's Royal Library JSK

IW's Royal Library JSK

I tried to make it more grown-up looking, the way I usually do with lolita clothes. Best part is that nearly all the non-lolita accessories have a sort of story to them!

The pearl necklace is one of my favourites and is from my mum's favourite jewellery shop. My colleagues and I have all shopped there, and I think most of us have this same necklace or some variation of it! (two strands, shorter, etc)

The shoes are actually what I bought specially for and wore to my sister's wedding dinner :D I didn't take a photo of the back design, but it's encrusted in crystals.

IW's Royal Library JSK

The bag is a limited edition bag to commemorate the opening of the new Chanel store in Malaysia years ago. It's one of my favourites, though I wish we'd also gotten the other Malaysia LE one, which had pearls all over it!

Since I'm aiming for a more grown-up look with this outfit, I'd wear my hair curled and half-up in a sleek bun (something rather like what Caroline Bingley was wearing in her first appearance in Pride and Prejudice 2005). Simple pearl drops for earrings, and maybe a small jewelled comb attached to the bun - simple and elegant accessories to accentuate the lacy blouse.

Outfit Breakdown:
JSK: Innocent World's Royal Library
Blouse: Mille Fleur's Josette with Lace
Bag: Chanel
Shoes, Necklace: Offbrand

No comments: