If you want to know, Lolita in secret started the trend :)
My Pet Peeves:
- Make-Up. I'm not much of a make-up person, and even just a tiny hint of the "wrong" sort of make-up will make me break out. Plus, it's annoying to have to spend so much time on dressing just because of make-up. (I still do it anyway ^^;;)
- Lolis who are against cosplayers/anime-lovers/etc or think that all cosplayers are ita. I love anime, manga and cosplay as well, and I don't think my lolita coordinates and dressing are that bad! Could do with a little fixing here and there sometimes, but not that bad, right? ;___;
- Once some girls put their lolita clothes on, they transform into a completely different person - usually a sugary sweet little girl. I absolutely HATE that. I can't stand people who would change their personalities for a pile of clothing! It's so shallow and somehow, I feel like there is an aura of fake-ness and false cameraderie around these sorts of people. But I'd very much rather hang out with these fake-nice people than someone else who turns to the complete opposite end of the spectrum - a loud, rude hussy who flings around cusses and just makes us all embarrassed to be lumped in the same category she is.
- (May be a little TMI here) Boobs. For an Asian girl, I'm considered curvy, and that... isn't really suitable for lolita ^^; But with the help of a good bra and some bits of fashion trickery, it doesn't look as awful as it could XD;
- Jeering people/crowds. My self esteem is low enough without them having a go at it!